Welcome to the Blogosphere! Now that you have a blog and you have been posting articles, you probably are wondering, "how do I get people to read my blog and comment on it?" I am glad you asked... Thanks to my fellow IMU friend Adrian
for giving great ideas.
- Title : The title of your blog post is very important. Try to use words that someone would use to find what you are talking about in your blog, like "10 ways to promote your blog." Remember that people doing searches on the internet have the attention span of about 10 seconds.
- Content : Since we have a short attention span, make the content engaging, and please don't write a book. Keep your words limited. Say what you have to say and don't oversay it!
- Optimization : Meta Fields like what type of article is it, social media, blogging, content, etc. All these tags will help your rankings as well
- Social Bookmarking : Submit your posts to social bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon. Getting people to comment on your blog is very important. You can use pluggins, like ShareThis.
- Social Media : Use your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to share that you have a blog and that you have posted a new article.
- Newsletters : You should be touching your clients at least once a month if not more. Do it with a newsletter and tell them about your blog.
- Blog Comments and Forums : By commenting on other blog posts with relevant comments, you will get yourself in the spotlight. People will go find out who you are because of your comments. You can join forums. Help others if they have an issue with something, you can let them know you wrote a blog on that particular issue and point them in the right direction.
- Pitch other bloggers to link to your post : When someone asks you for advice, or support, point them in the direction of a blog article you wrote about the subject.
- E-mail Signatures : You should list your blog and all other social media links in your email signature. Don't use graphics, just text.
- Directories : There are some sites out there that let you post your article to share with others. You can find some of those sites by going to Hubspot.
I hope this helps you in your quest to get your blog noticed.