If you don’t have any compelling offers on your site, you’re ignoring a huge opportunity to grow the size of your email list. This is true whether you're a B2C or a B2B company - offers are one of the most effective ways to harvest email addresses and leads from your site traffic. You'll want to note that a boring quarterly newsletter is NOT featured below.
Here are 4 ways to create offers that can help dramatically increase the size of your email list and lead conversion volume.
Educational / How To Offers
These type of offers are valuable to B2B's because you are giving them valuable information. These can also be good for B2C's because those are most time "How To's". Regardless of B2B or B2C, you are offering a "way" to do something.
- eBooks – “Download our comprehensive guide to inbound marketing and ecommerce”
- Whitepapers – “Understand how to nurture your email list”
- Buyer's Guides – “Which LED underbody kit is right for you?”
- Fact Sheets – “10 facts you need to know before purchasing a used car”
- Checklists – “The 5 key steps to preparing your IT department for the iPhone 4”
Free Stuff Offers
Everyone loves free stuff. Every week, I get a free offer from "All You". Whether I need it or not, I submit my info to receive my free sample.
- Contests - “Send us your cutest dog picture; cutest picture wins free doggy day care!”
- Sweepstakes – “Enter for a chance to win a free copy of the book!”
- Giveaways – “Register for your free welcome gift of a free keychain!”
- Quizzes –“Who was Warren G. Harding’s dog? Let us know and two lucky history buffs gets a free dog bowl!”
- Surveys – “Take our survey and get $10 off your first order!”
Coupons and Deals
Like with the free stuff offers above, everyone likes to feel as though they are getting a good deal. Running special offers for a discount is always a great way to get more customers:
- Coupons for dollars or percentage off – “Sign up for future offers and savings to receive 10% off your next order today!”
- Free shipping – “Create an account today and get free 2-day shipping through March 1st!”
- Time-sensitive discounts – “Save 20% on flower arrangements through February 14th – order soon, roses are going fast this year!”
- Bundled deals – “Fill out the form to get a free iPad if you sign up for our service in the next 2 weeks!”
Events can create huge engagement from your interested prospects and customers. Because events require your prospects to physically show up at a certain place at a certain time – even if that “place” is online – event registrations indicate serious fans of your brand, products, and services. Think creatively about what constitutes an "event" for you: consider sponsoring charity events, conducting in-house mini-events, and use your site to collect registrations with names, emails, and other pertinent information.
- Webinars – “How to get more leads using Email Marketing”
- Off-site events – “Meet us at the Fine Arts Center for a fundraising event on Tuesday”
- On-site / in-store events – “Come in every Friday for free drinks, snacks!”
Spin up a few new landing pages on your site and start experimenting. You will quickly find which have the best traction among your traffic and customer base if you keep an eye on your offer's performance metrics. Encourage your new email signups to share your offers on social media, email the offer to a friend, and get the word out to exponentially increase your offer's reach.
Tell us how you grow your email list?